Dr. Laura Gowen
Read the CV for this Plastic Surgeon in the Philadelphia Area
July 2014-PresentMercy Medical Center, Baltimore, MD
Reconstructive Microsurgery Fellow
June 2008-June 2014Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC
Plastic Surgery Resident
2008Georgetown University School of Medicine,
Washington, DC MD
2004Bucknell University, Lewisburg, PA
BS Biology, Minor in Philosophy
2002City University, London, UK London Internship
Study Abroad Program through Arcadia University, PA
Honors & Awards
2008Summa Cum Laude, Georgetown University School of Medicine, DC
2008Donald M. Kerwin Award, Georgetown University, DC
- Given to one student with outstanding academic performance in pathology
2008Faustino R. Suarez Award, Georgetown University, DC
- Given to one student with outstanding academic performance in biochemistry
2008Kober Award, Georgetown University, DC
- Given to student with the highest overall record of academic performance through four years at GUSOM
2007Milton Corn, M.D. Award, Georgetown University, DC
- Scholarship awarded to the student with the highest academic standing at the end of three years at GUSOM
2007Junior Selection to Alpha Omega Alpha, Honor Medical Society, Georgetown University, DC
2004Magna Cum Laude, Bucknell University, PA
2004Intercollegiate Women's Lacrosse Coaches Association Honor Roll, Bucknell University, PA
2000-2004Dean's List, Bucknell University, PA
10/14/2014ABPS Written Board Examination: 96th Percentile
6/23/2006USMLE Step 1: 262
12/17/2007USMLE Step 2CS: Pass
3/29/2008USMLE Step 2CK: 266
3/11/2009USMLE Step 3: 249
Publications & Presentations
Spear SL, Rottman SJ, Seiboth L., Hannan CM. Breast Reconstruction Using a Staged Nipple-Sparing Mastectomy following a Mastopexy or Reduction.
- Presented at The Aesthetic Meeting, Boston, MA – May 2011.
- Published in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 2012 March; 129(3):572-81. PMID: 22373964
Spear SL, Willey SC, Feldman ED, Cocilovo C, Sidawy M, Hannan C, Al-Attar A, Seiboth L, Nahabedian MY. Nipple-Sparing Mastectomy for Prophylactic and Therapeutic Indications.
- Presented at ASPS Annual Meeting, Toronto, Canada – October 2010.
- Published in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 2011 November; 128(5):1005-14. PMID: 21738086.
Ducic I, Seiboth L, Iorio M. Chronic Post-Operative Breast Pain: Danger Zones for Nerve Injuries.
- Published in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 2011 January; 127(1):41-6. PMID: 21200198
- Presented at APSN Annual Meeting, Cancun, Mexico – January 2011.
Baker SB, Goldstein JA, Seiboth LA, Weinzweig J. Posttraumatic Maxillo-Mandibular Reconstruction: A Treatment Algorithm for the Partially Edentulous Patient.
- Oral presentation at the NESPS Annual Meeting, Philadelphia, PA – October, 2008.
- Published in the Journal of Craniofacial Surgery, 2010 Jan; 21(1):217-21. PMID: 20072007
Parikh PM, Seiboth LA, Davison SP. Reorienting the Vector in Facial Reanimation Using an Estlander Flap.
- Published in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 2009 Feb; 123(2):63e-64e. PMID: 19182575.
Laura Seiboth, Douglas Van Nostrand, Leonard Wartofsky, Yasser Ousman, Jacqueline Jonklaas, Calvin Butler, Frank Atkins, Kenneth Burman. Analysis of the Role of PET/neck MRI Digital Fusion Images in Detection and Management of Recurrent or Persistent Thyroid Cancer.
- Published in Thyroid, 2008 Feb; 18(2):103-11. PMID: 18279011.
- Poster presentation at the Endocrine Society's Annual Meeting, Boston, MA – 2006.
- Oral presentation at Washington Hospital Center's Research Day, Washington, DC – 2006.
Elmo Acio, Alexander Mark, Douglas Van Nostrand, Shari Moreau, Laura Seiboth, Kenneth Burman. The Utility of the Interpretation of PET-MR Simultaneously Versus Independently of Each Other with Well-Differentiated Thyroid Cancer.
- Poster presentation at the National Society of Nuclear Medicine Meeting, Washington, DC – 2007.
2007Teaching Assistant, Georgetown University
Demonstrated and lectured on basic dissection and anatomic principles to first-year students in Anatomy lab.
2005My Sister's Place (Women's Domestic Violence Shelter)
Designed and directed weekly workshops on topics promoting a healthy lifestyle.
2004-2008Georgetown Surgery Interest Group
Chair, 2005-2006. Organized guest lectures, suture workshops, career nights, and shadowing opportunities.
2004-2008American Medical Student's Association, Georgetown University
Attended guest lectures and campus activities.
2000-2004Bucknell University Women's Varsity Lacrosse Team
NCAA Division I athlete, four-year letter winner.
Instructed high school-aged women's lacrosse players in various summer camps and weekend workshops at Bucknell University and Villanova University.
2002Intern/Volunteer; City Road Medical Centre, London, England Performed administrative work in addition to observing physicians. Participated in planning and managing weekly health clinics, instituted office policy on patient access to medical records, attended local National Health Service conferences.