Smooth Lines & Wrinkles and Restore Volume to Your Skin at Our Spa Serving Bryn Mawr, Newtown Square, and Philadelphia
There was a time when people who wanted to rid themselves of lines and wrinkles had to undergo a painful surgical procedure followed by a long and difficult recovery. Not anymore. At Cirillo Cosmetic, we are experienced in using dermal fillers for reducing visible signs of aging on your face and body, as well as to highlight the mouth with lip restoration.
Dermal fillers have altered the treatment of lines, wrinkles, and sagging skin by providing safe and effective outpatient solutions for the physical signs of aging.
Bryn Mawr, Newtown Square, and Delaware, Montgomery, and Chester county patients choose our Main Line practice for our 24+ years of experience. We help patients maintain a youthful, natural appearance by filling in the places that age-related changes have diminished.
What Are Dermal Fillers?
Soft tissue or dermal fillers are among the most popular products used to improve the appearance of the face and body. Sometimes known as "liquid facelifts," they are frequently used in combination with each other or with the neuromodulators BOTOX®, Dysport®, or Xeomin® to create a refreshed, more youthful appearance without the cost, risk, or recovery time of facelift surgery.
Cirillo Cosmetic uses dermal fillers to plump lips, restore fullness to cheeks, fill in facial creases and hollows, diminish scars, erase fine lines, rejuvenate hands, lift the brow, jowls or a downturned "unhappy" mouth, and replenish dark hollow tear troughs under the eyes.
When administered by an experienced cosmetic dermatologist, dermal fillers provide natural looking results with minimal side effects. A topical anesthetic may be used prior to treatment, depending on the type of dermal filler used and the area to be treated.
See The Latest Specials & Events
Find out what's new at the Cirillo Institute. Our Specials page is updated monthly with the latest promotions available to our patients!Promotions News Feed
Temporary side effects from dermal fillers may include redness, swelling, tenderness, and occasional bruising at the injection site; most side effects clear within five to 10 days. At Cirillo Cosmetic, we are experts in injecting dermal fillers with soft, flexible microcannulae. The use of microcannulae greatly reduces the risks of bruising, swelling, and discomfort.
After treatment, most patients resume normal activity within one day. Your Cirillo Cosmetic dermatology professional will provide you with pre- and post-procedure instructions to ensure the best outcome from your treatment with dermal fillers.
Which Dermal Fillers Do We Use?
All dermal fillers used by Cirillo Cosmetic have been approved by the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) for their ability to soften wrinkles and folds and correct volume loss. The FDA approved dermal fillers used by Cirillo Cosmetic Dermatology Spa include:
- Juvederm® line:
- Ultra & Ultra Plus XC – FDA approved for moderate to severe facial wrinkles, lip augmentation and perioral lines
- Voluma® XC – FDA approved for cheek augmentation and age-related volume deficits in the mid-face area
- Volbella® XC – FDA approved for lip augmentation and perioral lines
- Vollure™ XC – FDA approved for moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds such as nasolabial folds (the "parentheses" lines)
- Restylane® line:
- Restylane L – FDA approved for moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds and lip augmentation
- Lyft – FDA approved for moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, cheek augmentation and mid-face contour deficiencies
- Silk – FDA approved for lip augmentation and perioral lines
- Refyne – FDA approved for moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds such as nasolabial folds (the "parentheses" lines)
- Defyne – FDA approved for moderate to severe, deep facial wrinkles and folds such as nasolabial folds (the "parentheses" lines)
- Belotero® Balance – FDA approved for moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds.
- Radiesse® – FDA approved for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds and volume loss on the back of the hands. In addition to providing immediate correction, it stimulates the production of the body's own collagen for results that may last up to a year or more.
- Sculptra® – FDA approved for the correction of shallow to deep nasolabial folds (smile lines), contour deficiencies, and other facial wrinkles. As a true collagen stimulator, it stimulates the production of the body's own collagen, and creates results that last for two to three years.
As the leading cosmetic dermatology practice serving residents of the Bryn Mawr, Newtown Square, and Philadelphia areas, Cirillo Cosmetic stays abreast of new developments in cosmetic dermatology and advises patients when new dermal fillers or other products may be suited to their needs. See the results for yourself by visiting our before and after photo gallery.
How Long Does Dermal Filler Treatment Last?
Most dermal fillers offer temporary improvement of the treated area and require repeat treatments to maintain the desired result. The length of time that a filler treatment lasts may vary from six months to three years. Dermal fillers also stimulate the body to produce its own collagen for long lasting improvement. Filler treatment may be repeated when the signs of aging reappear.
Although dermal fillers are one of the most popular cosmetic treatments available, they are safest when used by an experienced injector. When fillers are administered by inexperienced injectors, the incidence of serious side effects increases dramatically.
At Cirillo Cosmetic, our founding dermatologist, Victoria A. Cirillo-Hyland, MD is a nationally recognized expert in the use of dermal fillers. Highly skilled and knowledgeable about the use of these products, Dr. Cirillo-Hyland has earned the "Circle of Excellence in Soft-tissue Fillers Award" from the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery.