For your convenience, Bryn Mawr Skin & Cancer Institute now offers patient care through safe and secure online Telehealth visits. This “virtual” visit mirrors an in-office appointment with the dermatology providers you trust, all from the comfort of your home. Our online Telehealth visits make access to our dermatology providers easier, faster, and more convenient than ever for our patients. We can consult online for many skin, hair, and nail conditions.
Benefits of Telehealth Visits
• Consult with one of our board-certified dermatologists or advanced providers online.
• Request an online dermatology visit for yourself, your child, or another dependent.
• Get a personalized treatment plan during your Telehealth Visit.
• Have prescriptions sent electronically to your preferred pharmacy.
• Medicare and most insurances cover Telehealth visits with no co-pay and no deductible.
How to Schedule & Prepare for a Telehealth Visit
1a. Request a Telehealth Appointment online – click here – specify “Telehealth” in comments
We will call you back for some information and to prepare you for your Telehealth visit.
– or –
1b. Call 610.525.0500 (Option 1, Option 1) for Appointments
You’ll be asked for some information to prepare you for your Telehealth visit.
2. Our team will send you an email titled “Telehealth Service”.
The email will provide instructions on how to download and access the PocketPatient™ Application.
3. Once PocketPatient™ has been downloaded, return to the link sent to your email to set your password for the PocketPatient™ Application.
Make a note of the email and password you chose/used, as the email and password will also access your Patient Portal.*
* Patients who were not previously set up to access Patient Portal will receive a Portal Welcome email at time of Telehealth initiation. While not required, it is best if you log into your Patient Portal to update your health history and account information prior to your Telehealth appointment. Note: You will use the same username and password to log in to PocketPatient™ that you use to access your Patient Portal. If you have difficulty accessing your portal, please call us or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
4. Log in to PocketPatient™ with the following information:
• Practice URL: bmsci.ema.md (do not enter https:// or www.)
• Username: included in the “Telehealth Service” email
• Password: your password
5. Grant Access & Permissions.
Once you have logged in to PocketPatient™ make sure that you have granted access for push notifications and camera use for PocketPatient™.
6. Prepare for your Appointment – Watch & Learn.
Depending on which device with camera you are using, watch 1 of the Helpful Telehealth & PocketPatient™ Videos below so you know what to expect.
Find a quiet, private space where you can have a confidential session with your provider.
7. Join the Video visit.
At the time of your appointment, you will receive a pop-up notification through the app that it’s time to join your clinician for the visit. You will have 5-10 minutes from the time of this notification to join your clinician for your Telehealth visit.
Important: After you log into PocketPatient, look under the Video tab in the PocketPatient™ App, and click the blue button option to Join Video Visit. Do not select the E-Visit tab.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Are “Virtual” Visits Only Available for Certain Conditions?
A: We can help “virtually” with more than 3,000 skin/hair/nail conditions via our online dermatology care. The most common conditions we treat are acne, suspicious moles, rosacea, eczema, and psoriasis.
Q: Does Insurance cover this Service?
A: Medicare and most insurance plans cover online care. During the pandemic, most insurances are waiving co-pays and deductibles for Telehealth visits. As always, it is your responsibility to check with your insurance.
Q: What If I Need a Skin Biopsy or In-Office Procedure?
A: If your doctor determines an in-office procedure is needed, please contact our staff to schedule an appointment as soon as possible. Additional visit costs or insurance claims will apply.
Q: Are My Personal Health Information and Photos Kept Confidential?
A: Yes! Our online dermatology care platform is secure and 100% HIPAA and HITECH compliant.